We share a single ethos
- We are a community: We value each other and we all have a responsibility to look out for each other’s safety and well being
- We believe in empowerment: We recognise that we all have a positive contribution to make and encourage each other to reach their full potential through a full and active life
- We respect each other: We acknowledge that we all have our own personal, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs; and that these may vary over time
- We prioritise personal dignity: We do not compromise on an individual’s right to live a dignified life of enjoyment, self determination; recognising their need for privacy and choice
- We value quality: We provide for more than the basic needs; with attention to detail in all aspects of life at Askham
We have extended our ethos into a more detailed charter which all staff, residents, and visiting professionals sign up to. It incorporates all the aspects of the Social Care Commitment which Askham has signed up to. You can download a copy here .