Askham Village Community recognises excellence in care as something that goes beyond the norms of accepted practice and towards our pride in achieving a ‘best-in-class’ rating in every aspect of our business.
Top quality clinical care can only be achieved through effective training and the continuous development of our staff and modern techniques across all care disciplines. Incorporating that approach within a regulated and enhanced Askham Training Programme provides a benchmark for the excellence that our personal care staff deliver.
We pride ourselves on five key principles:
- We are a community: We value each other and we all have a responsibility to look out for each other’s safety and well being
- We believe in empowerment: We recognise that we all have a positive contribution to make and encourage each other to reach their full potential through a full and active life
- We respect each other: We acknowledge that we all have our own personal, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs; and that these may vary over time
- We prioritise personal dignity: We do not compromise on an individual’s right to live a dignified life of enjoyment, self determination; recognising their need for privacy and choice
- We value quality: We provide for more than the basic needs; with attention to detail in all aspects of life at Askham
The ethos set out above is extended into a more detailed charter which all staff, residents and visiting professionals sign up to. It incorporates all the aspects of the Social Care Commitment promise Askham Village Community has signed up to and is available to download here.
What people are saying about Askham
Listening is such an important part of the day to day at Askham. We like to hear from all members of the Askham Community about what we are doing well as well as what we need to improve. You can speak to any member of the team or you can email us with your input.
We take seriously the views of external professionals and actively seek feedback on all aspects of our work. We have been recognised for the design of our facilities, as well as our food provision; however most importantly for us we have obtained the Investors in People accreditation for over 15 years.